A Round of Words in 80 Days is a writing challenge “that knows you have a life,” balancing accountability to a group of colleagues with realistic, measurable goals. If this sort of challenge sounds interesting, click here for the skinny from the creator, Kait Nolan.
Although for a long time, I had a separate blog for ROW80, I am now combining that blog with this one. In that spirit, I am listing my goals for Round Four, which extends from October 1st through December 20, here.
I am going to retain the breakout of goals I did last round, which were writing, community, exercise, and family/friends. This round I am going to include the writing I need to do for the day job, because it impacts my writing in both positive and negative ways.
- I will create an outline of the entire novel, spending at least 7 hours a week in whatever configuration works for that week.
- I’m starting a blogging course on October 8th, and will keep up with the assignments.
- I will be doing research the week of October 1-5, which I will turn into a first draft of an article, spending at least 4 hours a week from October 8th on, in whatever configuration.
- As a sponsor, I will visit my assigned blogs twice a week.
- I will reply to all comments on my blogs.
- I will spend no more than 5 hours a week on social media. I will assess which platforms work for me, and which ones do not.
- I got stress fractures in two metatarsals by walking, so I will walk for only twenty minutes an evening.
- I will continue to use the stairs.
- Starting October 8th, I will investigate low impact exercise, choosing one by week’s end.
- I will set aside a half-hour every evening to read.
- I will spend at least one hour a week contacting a friend by whatever means work best.
- I will have a “date night” with my husband at least twice a month.
- I will spend at least one hour a week with at least one of my kids.