At the end of June (yes, I know, I am so very far behind in thanking you, Jenny) the lovely J Keller Ford at J Keller Ford–YA Fantasy Author gave me Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandment Award. Isn’t it just gorgeous!?!?
To accept the award, I have to answer seven questions about myself, tell you something about the person who gave me the award, and nominate 15 other bloggers.
1. Describe yourself in 7 words: sensitive, creative, loyal, funny, nerdy, steel magnolia.
2. What keeps you up at night? My husband’s snoring does it most of the time.
3. Whom would you like to be? I’d love to combine my twenty-five year-old body with my middle-aged mind and a book contract.
4. What am I wearing right now? It’s 5am! I’m in flannel jammies, a fleece bathrobe, and fuzzy slippers.
5. What scares you? If we’re talking creepy-crawlies, then snakes and mice; if the more insidious, invisible fears, then failure and success.
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? I love having a conversation with people all over the globe. The interaction with people, their ideas and views is energizing for me. I hate feeling that I’m interested in things no one else cares about, or I am just as boring as my sons teasingly say I am.
7. If I could change one thing about myself, what would it be? I would be more confident of my skills.
8. Slankets, yes or no? No slankets; I do have throws and afghans in all the public rooms in the winter. I wear fleece bathrobes in the private rooms.
Wasn’t that supposed to be 7 questions? No matter!
9. Tell us something about the person who nominated you. Jenny is a lovely person who writes young adult fantasy. She often posts excerpts of what she is working on, and reviews a wide range of YA literature. She also includes helpful resources and links for writers. Go check her out, here’s her link again.
I’m not going to nominate 15 bloggers at this time. I’m thinking through that one, but I didn’t want to wait any longer to thank Jenny.