The following are my goals for the first Round of a Round of Words in 80 Days in 2013. What is A Round of Words, or ROW80, as participants like to call it? It is a writing challenge that “knows you have a life.” Click here to read more about it from the creator of the challenge, Kait Nolan.
2012 was a tough year for a lot of people, including me. I found myself having trouble fighting my self-doubt and staying on track, often thinking, “Oh, what’s the use? I’ve not got the chops for this anyway.”
This round I have to concentrate on non-fiction, finishing a couple of articles for the day job, since I have an annual evaluation coming up in March.
- Spend at least four hours a week on an article, in whatever configuration works for me. Although I usually write before work, I find that frustrating when I want to spend more time than I have between my comatose and rush-out-the-door states.
- As a sponsor, I will visit my assigned blogs twice a week.
- I will reply to all comments on my blogs.
- I will spend no more than 5 hours a week on social media.
- I will walk for twenty minutes an evening.
- I will continue to use the stairs.
- I will look into the gym at work. The thought doesn’t appeal, but it is handy and cheap.
- I will set aside a half-hour every evening to read.
- I will spend at least one hour a week contacting a friend by whatever means work best.
- I will have a “date night” with my husband at least twice a month.
- I will spend at least one hour a week with at least one of my kids.
8 thoughts on “Round 1 Goals for 2013”
Good luck with all your goals.
I definitely understand how you’re feeling, Elizabeth, as you saw from my last post. I think you’ve got some doable and balanced goals this round. Here’s hoping that the ROW80 team spirit boosts us all for a good start to the year!
I love the way you outlined your goals, Elizabeth. And you know, whatever i can do to help in these, I will. Perhaps that Professor Java’s visit would be better spent doing something like mall-walking for a half-hour and a salad at someplace like the Cheesecake Factory… I know I would benefit from some exercise too. And Colonie Center has good stairs and usually isn’t too crowded.
And when the warm weather comes back… =)
do-able goals – start of new year new round and all the best to you and everyone else 🙂
Good luck with your goals, Elizabeth. I had a rough 2012, too, so I’m determined 2013 will be better. 🙂
Good list of goals and all very doable. I think we are all vowing 2013 will be a much better year than last year. What are you reading this week?
Nice, manageable goals you have 🙂 I’m sure you’ll do just fine this round. Good luck!
These goals seem like they’re nice and specific so you will be able to see where you’re going *and* how much you’ve already done. Very nice!
Also, about not having the chops…I really believe this: We do not choose a vision, we are not given a longing, unless we are also given the ability to fulfill it”. ~Christina Baldwin
While you are working on day job writing and goals and such, I hope you will let yourself remember the parts about writing that pull you and call to you and that you love. Take care!