The following are my goals for the first Round of a Round of Words in 80 Days in 2013. What is A Round of Words, or ROW80, as participants like to call it? It is a writing challenge that “knows you have a life.” Click here to read more about it from the creator of the challenge, Kait Nolan.
2012 was a tough year for a lot of people, including me. I found myself having trouble fighting my self-doubt and staying on track, often thinking, “Oh, what’s the use? I’ve not got the chops for this anyway.”
This round I have to concentrate on non-fiction, finishing a couple of articles for the day job, since I have an annual evaluation coming up in March.
- Spend at least four hours a week on an article, in whatever configuration works for me. Although I usually write before work, I find that frustrating when I want to spend more time than I have between my comatose and rush-out-the-door states.
- As a sponsor, I will visit my assigned blogs twice a week.
- I will reply to all comments on my blogs.
- I will spend no more than 5 hours a week on social media.
- I will walk for twenty minutes an evening.
- I will continue to use the stairs.
- I will look into the gym at work. The thought doesn’t appeal, but it is handy and cheap.
- I will set aside a half-hour every evening to read.
- I will spend at least one hour a week contacting a friend by whatever means work best.
- I will have a “date night” with my husband at least twice a month.
- I will spend at least one hour a week with at least one of my kids.