My husband took this picture out his office window; the snow of a few weeks ago has melted for the most part, and this snowfall has renewed the clean whiteness that enchants the landscape.
Kristen Lamb’s blogging course is shifting into high gear, so there will be many changes to this blog over the next few weeks. I am trying to put everything in this self-named blog, but need to transfer some of the posts I don’t want to leave behind. I also have a growing list of posts I want to write, and will have to adjust my goals to fit some time in for them.
Also, I want to thank Claire at Word by Word for alerting me to Mslexia magazine. Although I will probably have to content myself with the digital version, since I live in the States, I was very excited to find out about it.
- Spend at least four hours a week on an article, in whatever configuration works for me. Although I usually write before work, I find that frustrating when I want to spend more time than I have between my comatose and rush-out-the-door states. Total fail. I struggled with insomnia this week, a heavy schedule of work commitments, and a stomach bug that arrived just when everything else left my plate. I want to work on this article; I need to work on this article, and I am beyond frustrated with my inability to get to it.
- As a sponsor, I will visit blogs twice a week. I missed Wednesday’s posts, but plan to visit today. Partial fail.
- I will reply to all comments on my blogs. I replied to the latest set of comments, but there are more to do. Partial fail.
- I will spend no more than 5 hours a week on social media. Done.
- I will walk for twenty minutes an evening. I did well at the beginning of the week, but had to work Thursday night, and that threw me off. Partial fail.
- I will continue to use the stairs. Done.
- I will look into the gym at work. I did visit, and got the times and prices of lockers and towels. A slow start, but a start just the same.
- I will set aside a half-hour every evening to read. This past week I finished Mastiff, the third in the Beka Cooper series, and started and finished Eon by Allison Goodman. I started Eona, which is the second book in the series.
- I will spend at least one hour a week contacting a friend by whatever means work best. I had lunch with Eden on Friday, which was very nice.
- I will have a “date night” with my husband at least twice a month. Partial fail; a stomach virus hit me yesterday morning and is proving hard to shake.
- I will spend at least one hour a week with at least one of my kids. Done.
Please go encourage the participants here. We have a varied, interesting group.